Saturday, August 9, 2008

Catch up time!

Wow! Has it really been two weeks since my last post? I couldn't sleep this morning, so I got up and decide to get on the web. I am sitting on the deck enjoying the beautiful weather for August and watching the sun come up. Since getting home from vacation, our time has been filled with anything and everything. We have had school shopping, cleaning, painting, a fish fry at the clinic with our walleye, Vacation Bible School, my birthday, "Fire-Up", summer band lessons, mowing, rearranging rooms, more cleaning, decorating, some swimming, cleaning at the clinic, more mowing, etc, etc, etc. I haven't taken pictures of everything, but I do have a few to share.

Here are a couple pictures of the girls' rooms. Natasha was getting to big for the bunk beds and the thinner mattress was causing her some back problems. We needed to do something different, so Katie decided she wanted them. We spent one whole day cleaning rooms and rearranging them and then switching beds. Both girls are really enjoying the change. So does Gracie when she gets to come in the house.



Last week we had Vacation Bible School. I taught the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade class. We had a week's full of night sessions where they had a bible lesson, music, recreation, and crafts each evening. The girls had a great time. These are some pictures from VBS. (The only "bad" part - I spent the night of my birthday there and couldn't make my husband take me out for supper. I did get him to grill me steaks and make sweet corn for lunch though. It was all good!) Katie also had "Fire-Up" in the mornings all week, but I didn't get any pictures of that. She went to school for one hour each morning and they did a lot of reading, some math, some writing, etc to get fired-up about going back to school. I think it worked. She is excited! (Not Mom or Natasha).




I FINALLY got my back entry and stairway finished. THANKS Dad for all your help (and Mom, Janine, and Pat). Natasha was a huge help with the boarders and the decorating. She even got to practice her math too by helping me figure the center of the walls. She decided she IS NOT ready for school to start and her brain is still in summer mode. Here are some pictures now that it is done. Unfortunately, because the summer was toooooo short and I was toooooo busy with other things (you know, mowing, cleaning, swimming with the girls, that kind of stuff) I didn't get the other painting projects done. I guess they will have to wait a while.


.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow ~ sounds like you guys have been really busy! You new entryway looks great. It looks so calming and organized! I am really sad summer is almost over too ~ it is by far my favorite season!

The Herrig Family said...

THANK-YOU TERESA!! Thanks Teresa! I hope I can come over and see the beds!

Janine said...

It looks so great! You did a great job pulling it all together!