Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

Even though going on vacation is a lot of fun, we all agreed it's great getting back home. After sleeping in and then some more prairie dog shooting this morning, we took off from Pierre at about 12:30. We took our time getting home by driving some back roads to Chamberlain and stopping at Big Bend Dam above Lake Sharpe. We made a couple more stops and finally arrived at home about 9:00. We then went to town and got the furry kids (they were all very excited to see us). Now it's time for a good night's sleep in our own beds and then laundry and cleaning the vehicle tomorrow.


I've included a picture of Katelyn standing where her farthest prairie dog killed today was. She shot it from 500 yards away. She was so excited since this smashed last year's record. If you look carefully, you can see our Envoy in the background in the horizon just off her right shoulder. That is where she shot from!



These are a couple of pictures that we took along the river by the Big Bend Dam.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!

The Herrig Family said...

I love the pics! Good Shot Katie!

Sarah said...

Katelyn ~ that is AMAZING!! I am very impressed.

I also love the family photo and am so glad you guys had such a great vacation! Love you!

The Herrig Family said...

Hey Guys, Today I went to the Eye Doctor and found out I need ~GLASSES~! Today's date is... 25th of July. My glasses r blue and I have NOT picked out a case yet. I hope I can have a blue one to match my glasses and my eyes.

Janine said...

Glad you all have a great family vacation - - you deserved it! :-)