Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A job well done!

Dad has been wanting to get his garage shingled for a while now. So.... I went over to their house this last weekend and helped them out. After all the time that Dad spent at my house helping me with the window, door, drywall, etc. and Mom cleaning, cooking and washing clothes while I was recovering from the broken leg, I felt like it was the least I could do.





We took some pictures to prove that, YES, Mom and I did get up on the roof and help.

I was a little more daring than Mom and went a little farther up the roof (even up to the peak a couple of times). But getting up and down wasn't pretty at all.


Lets just say that I had a policy that I went up once and came down once during any given work session. This wasn't a climb up and down for nails, shingles, or anything type of job for me. And Mom, well she preferred to stay on the ground and bring up a few things. But climbing up onto the roof only happened once for her and believe me, that was enough for her to get her fill.




Sarah - don't feel bad about your roof experience. It wasn't much better when I did it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That was really great of you to help them. I love the picture of you and Corrine on the roof. You look like such professionals!

Janel said...

Wow...You'd never catch me up on a roof shingling. You amaze me! The last Kroeger that was up on a roof fell...Lucky for Dad the wheelbarrow broke his fall and not his neck! Great to see pics of Corrine & Larry...When are they starting up their Blog...Maybe Sarah needs to put on the pressure...worked for everyone else! Love ya!

The Herrig Family said...

I hope Teresa had a GREAT time on a roof. ~Ha~Ha~